Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Protecting your private information and data is important to us.
I [the individual] consent and certify to Swoosh Finance NZ Limited, 120 Albert Street, Auckland Central, Auckland, 1010.
I certify that all information contained in my credit application is true and correct. I also certify that, if applicable, I have the permission of my partner to disclose details of our shared income and expenses.
I consent to Swoosh Finance collecting, using and disclosing my personal information for the following purposes:
- Verifying any information that I give to you (or information that you may collect from other sources) with third parties and third party databases, including Government agencies (for eg. NZ Transport Authority, Motor Vehicle Register, PPSR).
- Carrying out credit checks on me with Equifax for the purpose of making a credit decision affecting me (including debt collection) or for the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing Terrorism Act 2009. This will require you to give my information to the credit reporting agency as well as the credit reporting agency providing information about me to you. You may also disclose my positive credit information (including repayment history information) to a credit reporting agency.
- If I default in my payment obligations to you, information about that default may be given to Equifax, and Equifax may give information about my default to other Equifax customers.
- You will give my personal information to Equifax and that Equifax will hold that information on their systems and use it to provide their reporting service.
- When other Equifax customers use the Equifax credit reporting service, Equifax may give the information to those customers.
- Checking the Ministry of Justice fines database for any overdue fines I may have. This will require you to give my information to the Ministry of Justice. This check may be carried out by a credit reporting agency, which will require the search results to be disclosed to the credit reporting agency.
- Verifying any information that I give to you (or information that you may collect from other sources) with third parties and third party databases for the purposes of fraud prevention or the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing Terrorism Act 2009.
- Where I have voluntarily given you my driver licence information, this information may also be disclosed to a credit reporting agency and the Ministry of Justice as part of the checks you undertake with them.
- Where necessary to fraud reporting agencies and to any person involved in enforcement of any agreement between Swoosh Finance and me.
- Where I have requested insurance cover to an insurer to enable that company to consider insurance cover.
- To make further finance offers, or offer other products and services from time to time.
I authorise any third party to provide my personal information to you for any of these purposes.
I understand and agree that if you disclose my personal information to a credit reporting agency, they may hold my information on their credit reporting database and use it for providing credit reporting services and for any other lawful purpose and they may disclose my information to their subscribers for the purpose of credit checking or debt collection or for any other lawful purpose.
I agree that Swoosh Finance may communicate with me via mail, email, telephone, sms, app for all purposes including general communications and promotions. If I am approved for a loan by Swoosh Finance I consent to documents required by law being sent by mail or in electronic form.